Legal Aid handles some limited immigration matters, including asylum, SIJS (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status) alternative text, VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) alternative text, and U alternative textand T alternative textvisas. We generally do not handle naturalization/citizenship matters or adjustments of status.

If you would like to complete an intake on an immigration matter we handle, please come to one of our general intake sites during our walk-in hours. To find assistance with other immigration matters, please visit our Referrals page, go to, or call the D.C. Bar’s Legal Helpline at 202-626-3499.

If you would like to complete an intake on another issue, please use the back button below to return to the previous page.


We are open, but offices are closed to the public, please apply for services online or by the phone Estamos abierto, pero las oficinas están cerradas al público, por favor solicite los servicios en línea o por teléfono