Pro Bono Program
Legal Aid integrates pro bono into almost every aspect of our program, significantly expanding our impact and providing legal assistance and representation for hundreds of additional individuals and families in our community each year.
We refer about 250 matters to private practice and government attorneys each year. Cases are screened initially by Legal Aid and then referred to pro bono counsel. Experienced Legal Aid attorneys are available as a resource for volunteers to answer questions, provide sample pleadings, and discuss relevant law and strategy.
Volunteer attorneys from partner law firms also conduct initial interviews with prospective clients in both our Northwest and Southeast locations, work in house as part of our Legal Aid team as law firm Loaned Associates or Volunteer Staff Attorneys, provide Legal Aid with expert outside counsel and ethics guidance, and more.
If you accept a case referred from Legal Aid, you could help make justice real in our community by:
- Preventing a family from being evicted
- Securing a tenant’s rights to safe and well-maintained housing
- Helping a survivor of domestic violence secure a child custody or support order
- Obtaining benefits and health care for someone who can no longer work due to disability
- Preserving home ownership for a family facing foreclosure
For more information about our Pro Bono Program and current pro bono opportunities, please send an email to email@example.com.